Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday, August 31, 2015

Hola Familia y Amigos!!


 It was my pension´s husband´s birthday my last night so we celebrated and said our goodbyes. I love their family so much. They made us feel so loved and at home. :)



Well, this week was probably one of the craziest, exciting weeks of my mission! We had transfers this week, I forgot to mention last Monday that we were going to have them because I honestly was not planning on transferring at all. Hermana Bergeson and I were hoping to stay together another transfer but figured that if someone left it would be her since I just got there. But the Lord likes to shake things up a bit so I got transferred to the complete other side of the mission in Chosica! I went from Surco, the edge of the mission, to Chosica, the other edge of the mission. About a 3 hour bus ride. Chosica is super different than my other areas but I love it. It´s more of what I had imagined the mission would be like here. There are hills of dirt everywhere and the houses are built all the way up the sides. It’s a lot of uphill walking and mountains of stairs, I’ll have legs of steel by the time I’m done here. :) And if that wasn´t a big enough surprise, the Lord thought he´d throw in another curveball and call me to be a trainer. I have a daughter!! Well, a step-daughter. :) I am finishing the last 6 weeks of the training of Hermana Saracho from Buenos Aires, Argentina. She is awesome and we are going to have an awesome transfer together. We are very different which will make things interesting but also provide a lot of opportunity to learn from one another. It´s been a little bit of a stressful week trying to adjust to my new area, new companion, new people, everything new. But I’ve felt the Lord helping me every day and I know he won´t leave me alone, but will strengthen and bless me to adjust and do the best I can. I will try to send more pics of the area because it´s super different and fun. You can probably look up Chosica, Peru in google and maybe see some pictures. :) But I’m doing well and loving it more and more here. Lots of dogs, dirt, and drunks...but it´s an adventure. :) 


 My new room and my new companera!! Hermana Saracho from Buenos Aires, Argentina




Then on Thursday we had the incredible opportunity and blessing to talk to Elder Bednar along with the Lima North mission. I got to see my friends from the MTC which was so fun and also Kaylee Kingston from Sky View. They are all doing awesome. :) Elder Bednar is incredible and I felt the spirit so strong through the whole meeting. There are no words to describe how I felt to be there in the same room as an apostle of God and have him talk with us personally and openly. He is actually super funny and we had a great time. Elder Goddoy of the 70 was also there with him and their wives. They all spoke to us and taught us amazing things about how to be agents and not objects when learning and teaching. It totally changed my view on how to teach the gospel and how to learn the gospel in a way that edifies and makes us agents, not objects. We then had a Q and A which was incredible and we received some incredible teachings and counsel about missionary life, the atonement, the importance of the Book of Mormon, and how to really come to know and become like Jesus Christ. I wish I had more time to tell about everything but I’m about done with my time. But it was absolutely incredible.

I love you all so much. Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers and please keep sending them my way. I know this church is the truth and that it is led by Jesus Christ himself working through his chosen prophets. I love this work and seeing the miracles of the Lord in my life every day. 

Have a great week everyone! 


Hermana Cox


Mate, the famous drink from Argentina. My companion is convinced to make me  a Argentinian :)



 Our church in Surco, my old area. And the delicious yogart we bought on Pday. Had puff cereal things on top with honey. :) And lucuma yogart flavor, a fruit here that is absolutely delicious. :)



My companion and I and the other 2 Hermanas in our ward. We share a room and pension and everything so that´s super fun. They are awesome. Hermana Ekins is from Washington and Hermana Martinez is from Honduras



No comments:

Post a Comment