Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday, May 16, 2016

What a week! I can´t believe it´s flown by so fast, but it was sure amazing. So the most exciting news first....Familia A... got baptized!!!!!!! The whole family together. :) What an incredible experience I will never forget. Just seeing them all dressed in white with huge smiles on their faces made every effort worth it. I was so worried about whether or not they were really prepared and if they would be able to keep strong and keep the covenants they were going to be making. It has been such a huge change of life for them and I was worried that it would be so easy to fall back into temptation. But after seeing their glowing faces as they came out of the water and then especially watching them be confirmed members of the church and receive the Holy Ghost, I received so much peace and comfort in my heart. The Lord helped me understand that they are in his hands. I am only an instrument, but he is the one who does the converting and the blessing. He knows them perfectly and loves them more than I can even comprehend. I know he is grateful for all his missionaries and so proud of every one of our efforts. These are choices and moments that will change the eternal destiny of people and I can´t believe how blessed we are to be able to share a part in the process. This family is so special, so prepared, so pure. R..., S..., F..., and A.... They were our miracle family. Now it´s time to go out and search for our next miracle. We are praying to find another family :) 







We are still seeing so many miracles in our area. I love our ward and we also had an amazing ward conference that turned out so well. Awesome choir, messages, classes. I loved it. We met President Cristobal, the Stake President and he is amazing!!!! I am so excited to get to work with him and I know he is going to bless the work so much. He taught our relief society class and it was so cool. I can tell he is very concerned about following the counsel of the prophets and doing everything the Lord´s way. 

My new companion is awesome and I love her so much. She is from the jungle of Peru and is just a sweetheart. She has been sick this past week which is hard and we have a bunch of trainings and divisions this week so we are praying she gets better quickly and I don´t catch what she has. So far I’m doing well, but please keep both of our health in your prayers. :) Other than that things are going really well and I am loving this area more and more every day. I seriously think I’m the luckiest missionary in the mission. Amazing area, awesome companion, so many miracles, and my ward is literally my family. I love it. :) BEING A MISSIONARY IS THE BEST!!!! 

I hope you are all doing well also! Sounds like lots of things are going on and I’m sure as summer starts it will get even crazier! We are just starting to get into winter here, the weather has gotten colder and cloudy. Time to break out the sweaters!!! Yay! :) 

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week. Keep doing the little things like praying, reading your scriptures every day, and going to church...and paying attention! :) Those three things are really so key to our progress and conversion. 

This week I am ponderizing the scripture in D&C 64: 33-34. Don´t be weary in well-doing because we are laying the foundation of a great work. And the promise is that the willing and the obedient will eat of the abundance of the land. I know that´s true! Wow, I love this gospel so much. I love my Savior. I love my Heavenly Father. I love missionary work. I love applying the atonement in my life and helping others to do the same. I love President Monson and I sustain him with all my heart. In our ward conference on Sunday we were able to raise our hands and sustain the prophets and apostles and I felt the spirit so strongly and just wanted to jump out of my seat and scream "I do, I do!" But of course that would be very inappropriate so I just did in silently in my head. :) We are so blessed. We should never weary in well doing. :) 


Hermana Cox


This is the women who referred the family above to the missionaries


An awesome family in our ward

No comments:

Post a Comment