Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Monday, June 20, 2016

Well, we are back to transfer time again. I can´t believe how fast these 6 weeks have gone. I´m starting to enter into panic with how fast time is flying. It was an awesome week full of miracles and tender mercies of the Lord as always.

This week we got to go to the temple and I really enjoyed going and feeling the spirit that is there. This will be my last time getting to go to the temple here as a missionary so it was a little bitter-sweet. As I sat in the celestial room my mind went back in time to the first time I entered this temple when I first got to the MTC. I remember feeling so nervous, so afraid, so far out of my comfort zone. But I remember praying and just crying, telling the Lord all my worries and feeling such peace and comfort knowing that he would be with me every step of the way. And then sitting there on Tuesday I was amazed to see how far I’ve come and how quickly the time has gone. I realized that I now felt so comfortable here and with my calling as a missionary. I´m not a perfect missionary and I still have so much I need to improve (I better hurry and get on that), but I know that the Lord kept his promise and was with me every step of the way. It´s been quite the journey and I´ve changed so much, but I know that it´s exactly what I’ve needed in my life to draw me even closer to my Savior. I love him so much. I´m so grateful for the time I’ve had here and I left ready and motivated to give my all this last transfer. Oh how I love this work. 


Last trip to the temple! I love this place more than I can express. 




I was hoping to get to stay here in my area to finish with my sweet Hermana Vaca, but I guess the Lord has other plans for us both. I will be leaving and headed back to Surco! That was my 2nd zone so it will be fun to go back there. I will be in a different ward, but sharing the church building with my old San Roque ward! Hopefully I´ll get to see some of my sweet members there. :) My companion is Hermana Mendoza from Bolivia I believe. I was her sister leader a while ago and did divisions with her one time but I´m excited to get to know her even better. :) I won´t be a Hermana leader this transfer which will be a nice break, but I do believe we are opening an area which is always an adventure. I´m sad to be leaving, but excited for the new adventure. I´m excited to see what the Lord has in store for us there. 

Thank you for those who sent me their testimonies, I loved reading them. I would still love to receive more from those who would like to send me theirs. I hope you all have a wonderful week and never forget to have spiritual experiences every day. On Sunday our teacher talked a lot about how important it is to constantly have spiritual experiences so that we can keep progressing and growing spiritually. That´s the whole point of this life but it´s so easy to get distracted by the things of the world. In the end none of that really matters, but the conversion we obtain and the relationship we develop with the Lord is a treasure we get to take with us. 


I love you all so much!! Have a great week!!



The sisters in our trunky meeting! We had our self-reliance meeting where they talk about college, jobs, family, goals, and everything to prepare us to return to the real world...how strange. It was actually really cool and I learned a lot. :)



Happy Father´s Day all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment