Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Monday, November 23, 2015

Hello Friends and Family!


Last day together before transfers! I`ll miss this sweet girl!

Well I decided that from now on I’m not going to try and predict what is going to happen with transfers because every time I do the farthest thing from what I thought happens. I was hoping to stay in Chosica another transfer with Hermana Chavez, but I guess the Lord has another plan for me...or a really big sense of humor. :) On Monday I received news that I was to be transferred to Monterrico where I will be serving as an Hermana Leader. I was completely shocked by the news and a little overwhelmed, but also very excited. I know that I feel very unprepared and have so many faults and weaknesses I still need to work on, but I know that the Lord will support and strengthen me in this responsibility.

Monterrico is part of the Santa Patricia Zone which is where I started my mission. It`s super fun to be back here again, but also strange to be coming back as an Hermana Leader. My area, Monterrico, literally means ¨rich mountain¨ and it`s very true. Our area is huge and super commercialized. The houses that are here are all big rich apartment buildings which makes the work a little harder. There is also a huge part of our area that we aren’t allowed to enter because it`s where  the rich and famous people of Peru live... very different than Chosica. :) But it does mean that the ward is well established and there are amazing members here. I was excited to spend Christmas in the humble dirt hills of Peru but I guess it`ll be fun to spend it here as well. The members are awesome and are always giving us food...here comes the 15 pounds for the Holidays. :)

My companion is Hermana Verdezoto from Ecuador as well. She is awesome and we already get along so well. However, this transfer I will be killing her (missionary term meaning that she is finishing her mission this transfer) which means I’ve got one transfer to learn everything and then next transfer I’ll probably be training a new sister who comes to replace her. We have 16 sisters in our care and are responsible for their well being, helping them, loving them, doing divisions with them, making sure they are progressing as well as their areas. We have a bunch of meetings and activities we participate in, especially during the Christmas season. We also just recently had our area split so we are basically opening our area from scratch. Lots of finding new people to teach and help. It`s all a big shock and I feel a little overwhelmed, but I know the Lord will help me and guide me to do what he has called me to do. The Lord knows us individually and calls us in our imperfections to do his work. He`s been working with imperfect human beings and using them to bring about his great work since the beginning of the world and I know he knows how to do his job. My only responsibility now is to forget myself and all the reasons I may not be able to do all he has planned and just be receptive to the spirit so that I can be an instrument in his hands and he can direct me to do what he needs. We`ve already seen miracles and I know we`ll see even more. 

I`m out of time, but I love you all and I love this work. It`s absolutely amazing and there is nowhere else I’d rather be. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and remember how incredibly blessed we all are, especially for the gospel in our lives. Stay strong, come to know Christ, serve him with all your heart. This church is true and I know it is led by our Savior Jesus Christ through his living prophet Pres. Monson. Share this blessing with someone this Christmas season. :)

Please send prayers for F..., our investigator with a baptismal date, R... and her daughter who are reactivating, my companion and I, and all the sisters in our care. Love you all so much!! 


Hermana Cox


A recent convert from Chosica. She is the best but is struggling a little right now with finding work and helping her family come to church. They are all members but inactive. Please pray for her. 


Some fun flowers we have here. Super pretty, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment