Monday, October 12, 2015

Monday, September 28, 2015

Hola familia y amigos!!!

So much to tell and not much time. But it´s been a good week, full of lots of learning experiences. Yesterday I completed 8 months in the mission...what?! Time is flying!!! I still feel new here, but am loving all that I am learning. I loved getting to watch the women´s conference on Saturday and loved the theme of our potential and divine duties as women. Pres. Uchtdorf´s talk was an answer to my prayers on how to really live a happy life, even if we are surrounded by difficulties or things don´t go as planned. Sometimes we think we have to be sad and depressed when things don´t work out or plans and goals fall through.
 It´s natural to be disappointed, but it does no good to dwell and sit in one spot. The Lord will help us find joy in every footstep as we get up, brush ourselves off, and keep moving forward. I am SO excited for conference this weekend to hear what else our prophet and apostles have to tell us. I´ve got a big list of questions and answers I need and know that if I do my part this week to prepare myself spiritually it will be a feast of revelation. :) I invite you all to do the same! 

We have been trying to get everyone excited for the conference, members and non-members alike. I love seeing the reaction of our investigators when we tell them that we have a prophet today who really receives revelation from God for us and that we have the chance to listen to him this weekend! One of our investigators named M... was super excited to learn this truth. We told her we had a prophet and she said, "Wait, seriously? Who?!" We showed her a picture of the first presidency and the 12 and she got so excited and is super excited to come to the conference this weekend. We were also teaching L... who is a non-member but her husband is an inactive member. We taught her this truth as well and showed her the picture and she asked us how she could really know if he was a prophet. We invited her to pray and come to conference to hear him speak and then pay attention to how she feels and let the spirit confirm to her that he is. She then asked us, "Do you two know he´s a prophet, for sure?" It was such a neat experience to bear my testimony to her that I too know that Pres. Monson is a prophet and that he receives revelation from God. And that I received that confirmation from the spirit and not from anyone else. But what was even cooler was then hearing her husband pipe in and talk about how he too knows that we can receive answers through the spirit because he has felt it in his life and remembers that feeling from when he was an active member. SO neat and I’m super excited for everyone to come and listen to our beloved prophet this weekend. And 3 new apostles, wow! It´s going to be a spiritual feast! I´ll be watching it live with you since we are only an hour difference :) 

I don’t have time for much else but I love you all! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! Invite someone to conference and prepare yourselves to receive revelation. 

Love you all!


Hermana Cox



 Ok my camera is finally working so here come all the pics I promised! My comp and I, the area, and the temple trip :)



Special lunch for Hna. Martinez´s birthday and our dinner the other night. 




 My new area :)




No comments:

Post a Comment