Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday, May 4, 2015

Hola Familia Y Amigos!!

Wow, what a week. It flew by as does every week here in the mission :) I decided that this transfer the Lord is teaching me to have faith. I am in a pretty rich area that is more urbanized and nice. It´s nice for the living and working conditions, but harder with the people and finding progressing investigators. We had a lot of lessons fall through this week, people not being home or not having time, and lots of hours of walking and searching for less actives, contacts, past investigators, anyone really. :) I´m not going to lie, it was pretty frustrating at times and I tend to blame myself and look at all the things I could have done better or what more I need to improve on. But my companion is awesome and has really been helping me remember that there are a lot of things we can´t control as missionaries, no matter how much we try. It´s not our fault if people aren’t home for lessons, if people choose not to progress and accept our message, if members are too busy to accompany us in lessons, or if the people we contact on the streets aren´t really interested. What we can control is our attitude and our determination to stay positive and keep trying harder and harder every day. I can choose to feel like a failure or I can choose to do my best "and then stand still with the utmost assurance to see the salvation of God and for his arm to be revealed."

We really are seeing many miracles and I am seeing the Lord´s hand in our work and softening the hearts of those we are teaching. Little by little, poco a poco, lots and lots of patience and faith. :) It´s been something really good for me to experience and learn. My love for the people is increasing and I also think that´s why it is so much harder when they don´t progress. Because I really love them and know how much the gospel will bless them if they´d just let it in. Pure love is so important as a missionary. It brings a lot of peace but also a lot of pain. But I feel like I am coming to understand more and more the love Christ has for us and his desire to bless us. And also how sad it is to Him when He gives us everything and we choose to reject it and go our own way, thinking we know better. It has been really humbling and really eye opening for me. But really I am doing so well and I am learning and growing so much. The Lord is with us every day, blessing and teaching us. It´s really such a beautiful thing. :)

To answer some of the questions, the food here is awesome! Lots of fruits of all varieties. Lots of rice, potatoes, and chicken. Good thing I like all of those things. :) We also eat a lot of pastas with our pensionista and lots and lots of bread...wow I love the bread here! :) They drink lots of juices, freshly made of course :) The milk is from a box and it is a little odd, but I drink it if I have to. I haven´t eaten guinea pig yet, but everyone says it is really delicious...we´ll see. :) I haven´t really eaten anything super crazy yet besides the weird fruits and sometimes meat that I’m not quite sure what part of the body it´s from. We also ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches the other day and it was amazing! Oh the little things we take for granted. :) But I have been really blessed and haven´t gotten really sick from the food yet so I can´t complain. It´s really super rico y delicioso. :) Wow, I’m making myself hungry :) 

It´s starting into fall and the mornings and evenings are getting cooler. The days are still pretty toasty but cooling down a little bit. All the Peruvians talk about how cold it is in the evening when we are walking around and my companion and I (she´s from Rexburg Idaho) are just feeling great and finally stop sweating :) It´s really humid here too but super dry. Never rains and the mountains are just dirt and rocks. But there are some really beautiful flowers and plants around the houses and parks that make it not feel so desert-ish. :)

I´m out of time but I’ll try to write a little more about my day to day life next week. I love you all so much! Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts. I love being a missionary and I know without a doubt in my mind that this is the Lord´s church and that he loves every single one of his children. I´ve seen more than ever in my life how much the gospel really does bless families and individuals. Strengthen your testimony every day, be a witness of Christ, do all you can to follow him and bring others to him as well. I love this work and am so happy to be here. :)


Love you all! Have a great week and don´t forget to look for the little miracles every day!
Hermana Cox


 (My teacher from the CCM that is in my ward. She just got engaged this week, so fun! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment