Monday, April 18, 2016

Monday, April 18, 2016

Family

Wow. I don´t know what else to say. This week has been so full of ups and downs and all-arounds and I can´t believe how much has happened. So many things going on at home. So much sad news and so much need for prayers. I´m so sorry to hear about the missionary in Steven´s mission, Lou Hickman, and Eva Fay.  I don´t mean to add to the sadness, but there has been some sad news here as well. You´ve probably heard but on Saturday night there was a big earthquake in Ecuador. We don´t have a lot of information because as missionaries we can´t watch the news or anything, but my companion is from there and it happened in her city. Her dad isn´t there and her brothers are in the US so her mom is there alone. She was so worried because we couldn´t get ahold of her, but today she got an email from her saying she is ok. Everything is a mess and her house collapsed, but her mom is alive and well. Please add them to your prayers. So many missionaries here are worried about their families and loved ones. I hope Sam Yorgason and Shannon are alright as well. I heard that none of the missionaries were affected so I hope their families are at peace as well. Lots of praying to do this week. 

But this week was still really good. We had 4 days of trainings this week, one of them being in a multi-zone conference with president in front of like 70 or 80 missionaries. But they all went really well. The only bad thing is we were planning every night super late and then traveling and we were exhausted...and then of course I got sick. :) Hehe, but the Lord is so merciful and I’ve never healed so fast from a cold. Everything went well and we saw soooo many miracles this week.


I´m out of time, but I’ll write more next week. Sorry, I’ve been trying to be with my companion and talking with her about her family so I didn´t get to write much. Love you all so much. 

Hermana Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment