Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Dearest Friends and Family:

WAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER TEMPLE IN LIMA PERU!!!!!! I can´t even express how much joy I felt when I heard that announcement from Pres. Monson. Our whole chapel filled with excitement and I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest for joy. That means there will be 4 temples here in Peru!! That is seriously incredible. The faith of the people here and their righteousness is bringing great blessings and I feel so grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to be here and be a part of this grand work. I decided I’m going to start my Lima temple dedication fund now so I can come back and see the temple dedicated and visit all my areas here. :)



 Saying goodbye! The first ones are of L... and F.... 

F... leaves for Germany this week!!!



Our pensionista and her family. The ones that always posted pics for you mom :)


Well, week one down in my new area! I am serving in the ward Portada del Sol in the Stake Campoy. We are the only sisters in the area and the area was just opened for sisters about 7 months ago.



Here is our zone of Campoy! Yes, as you see we are the only sisters here...that´s a fun change! Don´t worry, they treat us like princesses and take good care of us. :)

 It is a lot more humble than Monterrico...but then again every area in the mission is. :) There are a bunch of people who are really humble and receptive and the members are awesome! I´ll try to send a few pics so you can see what it´s like. 






My new room

My companion is Hermana Suárez from Ecuador and she is awesome! She actually was living in Salt Lake for a year before her mission because she was studying at LDS Business College. She speaks fluent English which is pretty fun. :) She is such a hard worker and I am learning so much from her! 



  Pictures at the temple with my new companion



Wow, this is seriously a gold mine here, there are so many amazing people to teach! We have an investigator who will be getting baptized on Saturday so please pray for him! J... is awesome and has such a great desire to change his life. Also please pray for M... and his family, R... that she can receive an answer, E..., P..., and all our investigators. Also L..., V..., and M... A... who are recent converts. :) 

Wow, Conference was incredible and I absolutely loved it. I received so much revelation and help that I didn’t even know I was searching for. I loved the talks from Pres. Eyring, Pres. Uchtdorf, Pres. Monson, Elder Holland, and the one about peace as well by someone who I can´t remember their name. And basically every other talk as well. :) I can´t wait to get the Liahona to be able to study the talks. I know that we have living prophets and apostles who guide and direct us. I love this church and I love the Lord. 

Hope you all have a great week! I love you all so much!!!!!! Hurrah for Israel!!!


Hermana Cox




More temple pictures




Well, family I have some exciting news for you...it finally happened...this week I received my trunky letter. This letter is the one that tells me that my time is coming to an end and confirms my release date...August 2nd I will be coming home!  I am excited to be seeing you all again but I will be honest and say that my eyes got a little teary when that little letter was put into my hands. Wow, how quickly the time passes. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment