Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

I don´t have much time, but we are allowed to hurry and shoot a quick email to let you know I made it to the mission safely. I am serving in an area really close to La Molina, which is where the temple and CCM are. Our apartment is probably 2 min. away from the temple and is the nicest apartment in the whole mission...which is awesome, except that now I will have the best to begin with and things will get worse from there. But the living conditions really haven’t bothered me too much which is really nice. My companion is great, I love her already! Her name is Hernama Ramírez. She is from Mexico but speaks a little English which will be helpful as I'm learning. She is so sweet and has such a kind heart. We'll get along great, I’m sure of it.

My last week in the CCM was great, lots of packing and saying goodbyes though so I’m a little excited to have moved on now. We had the opportunity to go tracting on Saturday which was amazing.   I wish I could say more!!!   And then today has been an amazing first day también! Sorry my Spanglish is coming out, I’ve been hearing and speaking Spanish all day! We met up with the mission at the chapel and I got to see Elder Kolton Pierson, Elder Taylor Griffin, and Elder Nick Batty which was so fun. Great to see familiar faces! Then we had some training and we were off!

We took everything to the apartment and then went to the grocery store to buy breakfast for the week. While there we started talking to one of the workers there and had a whole lesson with her right there in the isle of the store! I couldn’t understand everything but I could understand the jist of what was going on. Then I also gave her a BOM!!! First BOM placement!! Yay!!! It was so cool. Then we spent the rest of the day visiting less actives and contacting a little. I’ve been doing pretty ok with teaching in Spanish and my comp is really good at helping me and letting me speak. The members here are so strong and amazing! I can already tell this is going to be a great transfer and I love the people already.

I don’t have much time but please know I’m doing great and loving it. I'll definitely be a little lost and confused for the first few weeks but it'll get better every day and I am confident that the Lord will be there to help me. I love you all so much! Thank you for your support! Keep praying for me and know I pray for you every night too!

Con mucho amor,


Hermana Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment